Sunday, September 10, 2006

Cranberry-Banana-Walnut Quick Bread


Saturday, September 9, 2006
After I turned off the oven to crisp the bread sticks, see Previous Entry), I turned it back on to make my second bread.
We had a wedding reception to go to at 3:00, and after all the fussing with the bread sticks, there was no time to waste. Fortunately, this was a quick bread that lived up to its name. I'd already chopped and toasted the walnuts and cut the cranberries, so I only had to toss everything in the mixing bowl and give it a few minutes to blend.
This is not just an ordinary quick bread--it's probably the best one I've ever tasted. I've had banana-nut and cranberry and cranberry-nut, but this is the first time I've tried all three of them. It's a wonderful combination. The banana mellows the cranberries, and the nuts complement both. (Luckily for me, I've decided that nuts pose no problem for my braces).
The bread was not only done before we left, but we also had time to eat a slice, still warm, before we left for the wedding reception, where there was plenty more food, but you never want to drive somewhere on an empty stomach. That's my theory, anyway.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gee, only 17 to go. What will we drool at when this project ends? What becomes of this blog?

Marie said...

I don't know, but there are still many kinds of bread I haven't tried, not to mention pies and cakes.

Marie said...

I may include a picture of myself eventually, although I like the idea of being of woman of mystery.